Liking someone is one thing. Figuring out if someone likes you is another story. To save yourself from the embarrassment of rejection, take note of these signs:
- Eye contact (and lots of it!)—If that person can’t seem to stop staring into your eyes, this is probably a hint. You may find yourself receiving stolen glances from time to time. If stolen glances turned to prolonged gazes, you have yourself an admirer!
- Pupil dilation—Body language expert Patty Wood tells Cosmopolitan magazine that dilation is a brain response that happens when someone likes and is attracted to something. This may be the person telling you that he’s interested.
- He/she leans toward you—If the person stands close to you without even realizing it, he/she may like you.
- Questions, questions, questions—They’re interested in getting to know you better.
- Body contact—Chances are, that unintentional arm touch isn’t an accident.
- He/she is anxious around you—They are usually chilled out with other people. However, butterflies swarm their stomach whenever you’re around. Perhaps that person fancies you?
- Getting personal—The person is honest with you. They share their hobbies, interests, plans, problems, and imperfections.
- They’ll keep you in their line of sight—Even if the person is standing from a distance, he/she will adjust his/her body just to keep you in his/her line of sight.
- They get observant—He/she never fails to notice even the littlest of things, from your haircut down to your new nail color.
- The twinkle in their eyes—Watch out for that shine in their eyes when you’re around.
- That genuine smile—Pay attention to the muscles around his/her eyes. If they move, it’s real.
- They smile for no reason—He/she smiles for no reason in your presence. If the person tends to do that, it’s probably because he/she likes you.
Deitz, Bibi. 2015. “45 Little Ways You Can Tell If Someone Is Into You.” Bustle, December 30. Accessed November 11, 2016. https://www.bustle.com/articles/132431-45-little-ways-you-can-tell-if-someone-is-into-you.
Speeli. “Signs That Show Someone Likes You.” Accessed November 11, 2016. http://speeli.com/articles/view/Signs-that-show-that-someone-likes-you.